The beauty therapy industry is continuing to rapidly expand and is adapting to meet the growth in demand for established and new treatments. As a Career path it is rewarding and varied. Achievement of NVQ’s at level 2 and3 will allow you to work in a wide variety of establishments in the beauty and health sector. Students also have the opportunity to take additional job ready qualifications as part of this full time programme. To achieve NVQ Level 2 you will attend the academy full-time for one year.
To become qualified in all aspects of Beauty Therapy you will need to attend the course for a second year to continue with NVQ Level 3.
This is a Job ready qualification, meaning you will be employable at the end of your training.
Entry requirement for progression onto a Level 2 course is a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade G or better. In addition, students must achieve the specific entry requirements for each individual course which may apply to this course.
Please speak to subject leader or look on the website.
NVQ Level 2 Course Content
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce health and safety risks
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Provide facial skin care treatments
- Enhance the appearance of the eyebrows and lashes
- Carry out waxing services
- Provide manicure services
- Provide pedicure services
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Provide make-up services
Typical Syllabus Outline
Your training will consist of practical, theory, portfolio building, evidence collection and personal tutrial sessions; these form the basis of your individual learning plan.