Doncaster Academy of Health Sciences
A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or better. No more than two applied courses can count towards this total and each applied course counted has the equivalence of only one GCSE, regardless of its nominal size. In addition, students must achieve the specific entry requirements which may apply to this course.
Please speak to subject leader or look on website.
Typical Syllabus Outline
Most students will have the opportunity of studying:
- Extended Certificate, equivalent to 1 A Level graded A – E
- Diploma, equivalent to 2 A Levels graded A – E
- Extended Diploma, equivalent to 3 A Levels graded A – E
Each one of the units will be assessed internally and overall grade for the qualification is awarded. Students will be moderated by the examining body. All portfolios will expect students to demonstrate a good level of knowledge and understanding. In order to achieve the higher grade, students will be expected to collect and analyse information and data and carry out an evaluation of this. Students will develop high levels of independent learning skills.
This course is equivalent to three "A" levels which means when you have finished the course you may choose to continue into:
- Employment within the wide range of ‘people’ based industries e.g. health, education, social care Or
- Higher education – this course has a value of UCAS points, and it can form the basis of an application to university.
- C6 Health & Social Care(592 KB)