Information & Guidance
All students at DC6 will be supported through a programme of Information Advice and Guidance.
We recognise that you will need careful support and specialist information to enable positive progress through the complex issue of pathway choice and personal progression.
The Collegiate Sixth Form has a number of Careers Advisers working accross every campus.
They provide confidential and impartial advice to students on:
- Planning for the future – if you have a career idea but want to find out the best route for you or if you have no career ideas they can help you create career ideas around your interests and skills.
- Choosing your options and what would best suit you.
- Choosing and apply for a course –University or College
- Completing application forms, CVs and letters of application.
- Finding work or an apprenticeship.
- Job hunting techniques including mock interviews.
If you wish to attend your son/daughters careers interview or just want to chat about their future, please ring school, email or give them a call.
C6 work closely with the local relevant agencies to support all our students in career planning and applications.
Useful links/websites for careers research
Regional (Yorkshire & The Humber)
National (United Kingdom)